Brownie Badges and Journeys
Quick – name the five senses! These senses let us explore and gather information about the world we live in. Learn how the animals around us use their senses to survive and put your senses to the test in this Brownie adventure.
Bugs make up 80% of the animal species on Earth! Without them, life as we know it would change dramatically. Come discover their world as we examine them in action, explore their homes and make some buggy crafts to take home. In order to provide the best experience, the most opportune time to schedule this program is between March and November; bugs like warmer weather.
LOVE Water Journey Award
What do you love about water? It nourishes us on a hot day. It has recycled itself for thousands of years. A single droplet can bend light into a rainbow of colors. Discover the water cycle, its prismatic properties and what fun water can be in this Wonders of Water Journey.
SAVE Water Journey Award
Now that we have an appreciation for water, it’s time to see how many easy ways there are to SAVE Water! See how people use water in different parts of the world and how much water can be saved by reducing runoff in our communities. Learn how to communicate to others how to SAVE Water too! Come to CNC to take the next step in the Wonders of Water Journey!
Hiker (Overnight Program)
Brownies can earn the NEW Hiker badge in an exciting overnight at the Chattahoochee Nature Center. Learn to follow trail signs, pick the right gear for a hike, have an encounter with a nocturnal animal, go on a night hike, make s’mores by the campfire, and more. An evening snack and a continental breakfast are included. The best part…you don’t have to sleep outdoors. We have climate-controlled, carpeted rooms.
See our Girl Scout Overnights page for dates and details.
All CNC programs strictly adhere to the badge guidelines as outlined in the official GSUSA badge requirements.
Planning Your Program
Monday- Friday from 3:30 – 5:00 PM
Saturday: from 10:00 – 11:30 AM, 12:30 – 2:00 PM, 3:00 – 4:30 PM
Sunday from 1:00 – 2:30 PM and 3:30 – 5:00 PM
- $100 per program which includes 10 scouts and 2 adults.
- Additional scouts are $10.00 each (with a MAXIMUM OF 15) and are paid for on the day of the program. This includes any siblings ages 4 and up that participate.
- Additional adults are $10.00 each (with a MAXIMUM OF 6) and are paid for on the day of program. We require at least 1 supervising adult per 5 children (admitted free.)
- 20% DISCOUNT: Book your program Monday – Friday in our 3:30 – 5:00pm slot and pay $80 per program which includes 10 scouts and 2 adults. Additional scouts and adults are $8 and are paid for on the day of the program. Please note – you will not be able to access the Discovery Center or Grounds before or after your program due to start time.
- Exceeding the Maximum Number of Scouts and Adults:
- In order to provide the highest quality experience for your scouts, we limit the number of scouts and adults for the program. Additional scouts and adults over the maximum of 15 will be charged at $15 per person. Additional adults over the maximum of 6 can also pay general admission of $10 and tour the grounds on their own while the Scouts are in the program. A map will be provided with admission.
See CNC Special Notes regarding booking Scout Program.
More questions? Email Scheduling () or call 770-992-2055 ext. 237.