Become a naturalist as scouts practice observation skills and discover the complex relationships found in nature. Observe and identify animals in the wild, explore the importance of wetlands and learn about the poisonous plants and venomous animals that live in your area.
How many layers does a forest have and what lives in each layer? Use new-found skills to see the forest in a new way – identify plants, explore the benefit and detriment of wildfires and learn how to “read” one of nature’s biggest treats – the tree cookie!
*Both of these badges are part of the World Conservation Award.
All CNC programs strictly adhere to the badge guidelines as outlined in the official BSA badge requirements.
Planning Your Program
Monday- Friday from 3:30 – 5:00 PM
Saturday: from 10:00 – 11:30 AM, 12:30 – 2:00 PM, 3:00 – 4:30 PM
Sunday from 1:00 – 2:30 PM and 3:30 – 5:00 PM
- $100 per program which includes 10 scouts and 2 adults.
- Additional scouts are $10.00 each (with a MAXIMUM OF 15) and are paid for on the day of the program. This includes any siblings ages 4 and up that participate.
- Additional adults are $10.00 each (with a MAXIMUM OF 6) and are paid for on the day of program. We require at least 1 supervising adult per 5 children (admitted free.)
- 20% DISCOUNT: Book your program Monday – Friday in our 3:30 – 5:00pm slot and pay $80 per program which includes 10 scouts and 2 adults. Additional scouts and adults are $8 and are paid for on the day of the program. Please note – you will not be able to access the Discovery Center or Grounds before or after your program due to start time.
- Exceeding the Maximum Number of Scouts and Adults:
- In order to provide the highest quality experience for your scouts, we limit the number of scouts and adults for the program. Additional scouts and adults over the maximum of 15 will be charged at $15 per person. Additional adults over the maximum of 6 can also pay general admission of $10 and tour the grounds on their own while the Scouts are in the program. A map will be provided with admission.
See CNC Special Notes regarding booking Scout Program.
More questions? Email Scheduling () or call 770-992-2055 ext. 237.