Earth Day Kids’ Fest
Saturday, April 12, 2014
10:00 AM – 3:00 PM
Admission: $10 Adults, $6 Children,
Children 2 and under FREE
Be a Planeteer—Ride your Bike from home to CNC
and get in FREE!
Make Music! Back by popular demand – sing and dance with Farmer Jason! Farmer Jason is the brainchild of Jason Ringenberg of Jason and the Scorchers. An Americana Music Association Lifetime Achievement Award winner, Farmer Jason educates and entertains children about the wonders of nature. Farmer Jason’s records have won numerous awards, including the Parents’ Choice Gold Award and the Los Angeles Times’ Children’s Record of the Year list. Check back for performance times on the Ben Brady Lakeside Pavilion.
Discover local organizations that are helping the planet and find out how you can help! Stop by each member of the Village for fun and exciting hands-on activities especially for kids! Plus find eco-friendly products for your family! Applications are being accepted for participants in our Eco-Village. Download an application today to submit no later than March 4th!
Check out just some of the amazing folks that will be on hand:
- Alive! Expo and Project Green, Inc.
- Atlanta Hawks
- Captain Planet Foundation
- Centennial Sierra Club Group
- Chattahoochee River National Recreation Area
- Chattahoochee Riverkeeper
- City of Alpharetta
- Dances With Bees, LLC
- Fulton County Water Resources
- Georgia River Network
- Girl Scouts of Greater Atlanta
- Heal Center
- Healthy Green Schools
- High Meadows School
- Keep Roswell Beautiful
- Metro Atlanta Beekeepers Association
- One More Generation
- Priscilla Whitaker, Children’s Author
- Roswell Recycling Center
- Shaklee Rep
- Stone Mountain Memorial Association
- The Dolphin Project
- The Lost Arts, LLC
- Truly Living Well Center for Natural Urban Agriculture
- UGA Bug Dawgs
- USDA Forest Service
- Veggie Oil Conversions
- Whole Foods Market Merchant’s Walk
- Zoo Atlanta
Healthy Kids, Healthy Planet
These two things go hand-in-hand so join us to see how to eat healthy and be active in our Ready, Set, Grow area. We will have an active area where you can play games from the Atlanta Braves, Hawks, and Falcons PLUS canoe on the CNC pond. Kids (and adults) can hike the property and explore the geocaches that reside here (you must have your own GPS device to hunt for the caches.)
Families can also discover the benefits of healthy produce by getting healthy snacks for the day and by completing a scavenger hunt in our Unity Garden.
Billion Acts of Green
What’s your Act of Green? Make your own pledge for the planet! Bring your corks, cell phones, ink cartridges to recycle at the event. and don’t forget to take advantage of recycling on the grounds.
Lots of other Festival Fun!
- Face Painting
- Food for the Family – Enjoy lunch at the festival! We have tasty lunch from The Pup Truck. Feel free to bring in your own picnic lunch to enjoy on the grounds (no glass/alcohol)
- Head into our Discovery Center and have fun in the Explore Your Watershed Gallery!
- The Nature Exchange will be full of fun for the festival(because of the busy nature of the festival, we won’t be allowing trades to come in but if you have existing points to trade with, our Nature Exchange naturalists can help!)
LAST MINUTE DETAILS
- Please Carpool! There is limited parking in the CNC parking lot. There will also be free shuttle bus service available from St. Francis School near the corner of Willeo/Azalea and Highway 120.
- Please note that there is not an ATM on site. Cash may be needed for some vendors including food.
- Please note that pets are not allowed on the CNC grounds.
Thanks to our Sponsors
- Questions? Contact email@example.com or 770-992-2055 ext. 236.