Do you want a job that challenges you to provide most fun, enriching, and educational camp experience for children? Do you love the outdoors and environmental science?
Counselors at Camp Kingfisher are role models, mentors, leaders, and friends to campers. We hire counselors, canoe instructors, arts & crafts specialists, team building instructors, lifeguards, and teen leadership instructors. We invest in our staff with professional counselor training, team building, and naturalist instruction.
Explore Nature. Build Character. Have Fun
Most counselors have completed a minimum of one year of college and have backgrounds in child care, education and/or natural science. Junior counselors are recent high school graduates who have experience working with children and are pursuing work in environmental studies. Each staff member is carefully interviewed and passes a nation-wide criminal background check. Our seven-day staff training includes experiential workshops, lessons from professionals, First Aid and CPR.
Camp Kingfisher is focused on kids. We are proud of our top-notch camp program; it’s a welcoming and nurturing environment where campers can have fun in the outdoors, discover their connection to nature, and build strong character.
Here is the process you should follow to discover if a summer position is a good fit for you and Camp Kingfisher:
- Get to Know Our Camp and Culture: Scour the website to learn about our mission, our culture, and our programs. Ask friends, neighbors, current, and former staff to see if the camp might fit you. Give Tim Reidy, the camp director, a call to introduce yourself and ask any additional questions you may have.
- Read the Job Descriptions: Learn about the unique responsibilities and expectations of each job before you apply. Job descriptions are available for download below.
- Camp Counselor
- Canoe Instruction Specialist
- Canoe Instruction/ Leader in Training Specialist
- Junior Camp Counselor
- Arts & Crafts Specialist
- Environmental Education Specialist
- Travel Program Counselor
How to Apply:
Send application and resume (optional) by mail or fax to
9135 Willeo Road
Roswell, GA 30075
Fax: (770) 552-0926
attn. Camp Kingfisher
SUMMER 2014 INFORMATION
Dates: CPR/First Aid/AED: May 10 & 17 (choose one)
Training: May 15-16 (offsite overnight), 19-23 (onsite)
Camp: May 27 – August 1, extra work available August 4-8
CPR Training (Tentative Dates): May 11 & 18 (choose one)